Thinking about going with LED’s for lower energy bills?
We realize there are many companies selling LED fixtures as an energy efficient idea; but, they are not as cost effective as they are being sold as a solution for your exterior lighting and retrofit implementation. For new construction or a desire for better aesthetics—go for it! They are worth the investment since some HID fixtures will be at a cost difference of 25-35% less than an LED; and, the expected life and energy savings when comparing both fixtures will demonstrate a return. On the other hand, we have never done an ROI with less than 8 years on LED fixtures when comparing the new installation to a routine maintenance schedule. Nevertheless, don’t take our word for it; let the documentation which we can prepare for you do its own talking. We can provide you with the following:
- Cost comparison and kWh savings of your proposal for a retrofit/renovation of LED fixtures vs. a routine facility maintenance; or, a cost and kWh savings comparison between LED vs. fluorescent indoor upgrade/renovation
- Lighting fixture quantity requirements to conform with minimum standards as prescribed by the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA)
- Provide documentation demonstrating proposed installation meets the requirements of the IECC and ASHRAE Standard 90.1, as well as several state-specific codes
- Create a power density layout for the total area for proposed installation
- Return on investment for the proposed application(s) selected
- Available rebates through funded programs when and where available
- Photometric layout/drawings and overview of your current and future outlook
- Current pictures and foot-candle spot readings specifying camera, ISO, aperture and speed settings so an “apples-to-apples” comparison can be made once your installation has been completed
With our consulting service, we will provide you with our lighting selection recommendation(s), design constraints and/or advice, clear understanding of lighting concepts and misconceptions, and of course a detailed proposal including materials and installation along with warranty details and fixture specifications. If you were to hire AC Electric to facilitate your organization with either the maintenance and/or installation of your product, you get the following as well:
- Post-installation pictures with the same specifications as outlined above outlined
- Warranty registration of your product(s)
- Rebate assistance and documentation to expedite your request; we are a First Energy Trade Ally
- Post-installation foot-candle read outs
- Consulting fees to be applied 100% towards our final invoice for an accepted commercial lighting and retrofit/renovation proposal
- Use Ohio residents to perform work
- Use the highest quality materials when available and make the best attempt to buy American
What most facilities require is a well documented routine maintenance to maximize your existing lighting fixtures’ potential. We have been in many warehouses and office buildings where a retrofit was requested due to poor lighting; when all they actually needed were re-lamping. Although a metal halide lamp has a 20,000 hour lamp life, it loses 30% of its lighting output after 10,000 hours if left on continuously (even less hours when switched on and off). By allowing AC Electric to provide you with facilities maintenance, we can take control of your lighting monitoring and schedule key times to minimize your down time for when maintenance is required.
As an alternative to HID lighting, newer technologies have developed an LED retrofit lamp that can put out just as much light as an HID lamp. So far, it has been the best solution for cost efficiency when retrofitting is existing fixtures. For example, a 250W Metal Halide can be replaced with a 54W LEd lamp. That is a 78% reduction in lighting costs—just imagine the savings on 25-50 fixtures in a parking lot or service station!
Don’t believe the hype under-informed contractors and immoral salespeople are feeding you when it comes to LED’s. We would be providing a disservice by selling something without our customers being well informed first. A well maintained electrical system sometimes may be your best investment. Let us lift the smoke screen that’s being thrown in front of you by providing you with the proper documentation so you can make a calculated and well informed decision before you sign on the dotted line—you’ll be glad you did!